Oh the chocolate cravings – give me a break. I went on a search to make the most healthy chocolate dessert to curb those pesky chocolate cravings and I found it. May I introduce to you to the Healthy Cocoa-Banana Oat Brownies. Yep, brownies.
Have you ever found a yummy recipe and then just had to have it right then?! That happens to me all the time. I find a recipe that I just have to have right now, but I don’t have the ingredients to make it….so off to the store I go and most of the time I end up making the recipe days or even weeks later because I spent all my time gathering what I needed. Blah.
These cocoa banana oat brownies are so easy to make and I betcha you have most, if not all of the ingredients in your kitchen right now! Better yet, these babies take less than 5 minutes to whip together and just a short 20 minutes to bake. Let me show you!
Cocoa-Banana Oat Brownies
Servings: About 9
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Bananas
- 3 Tbs almond butter or any all natural nut butter
- 1 1/2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs raw sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray non-stick spray on a baking dish. 8×8 or 9×9 is recommended.
- Mix everything BUT the oats together. (Eggs, bananas, almond butter, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, sugar, salt and baking soda) Blend it so that everything is mushed together. It’s ok to have some chunks of banana not completely blended.
- Pour in the oats and mix together until the oats are fully coated with the batter.
- Spread the mixture evenly into your baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes. Test with a toothpick to determine if they are fully cooked. If the toothpick comes out with mixture on it, they need to cook for a little longer.
- Let cool, cut into squares and serve!
If you like this recipe you might enjoy these: