This post is sponsored by Mr.Tux of Northwest Arkansas. All opinions are my own.
What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a wedding? For many people, it may be a couple’s love or the beautiful cake and most likely, a vision of the wedding dress will come to mind. But, if you really stop and think about everything that goes into the big day, there’s a handsome groom in that picture too! Now what’s not to love about a sweet groom all dressed up waiting on his bride?
One of the most special moments during our wedding planning season was picking out my grooms attire. I wanted everything to look cohesive with the wedding colors and he just wanted me as his wife (bless his heart)! I’ll never forget the look on his face when he stepped out of the dressing room that day in his sharp tux. It was one of those, “this is THE dress” kind-of moments. And of course I got a little teary-eyed seeing him, thinking how did I deserve this man!? I wanted him to look and feel proud on our big day and this tux just sealed the deal. I just couldn’t take my eyes, (or hands) off of him.
And to be honest, this was probably one of the easiest decisions we had to make (mainly because I thought my groom looked stinkin’ handsome in everything, that my mind was a little foggy), but our local Northwest Arkansas tux shop, Mr. Tux, helped me stay focused on the goal, getting this man gussied up the right way!
Have you happened to look at all the different options there are for the grooms these days?? Tux vs. suit, tie vs. bow tie, silk vs. non-silk, pink vs. blush….talk about overwhelming. They say the groom has the easy job…but man there’s a lot that goes into their attire too? We walked into the tux shop that day and our heads were spinning with every decision. Thankfully, Mr. Tux had the most perfect recommendations for pulling off the look we wanted, and that’s exactly what we got.
Northwest Arkansas ladies, listen up! If you are in need of formal attire for your man, you will be in good hands at Mr. Tux. Here’s why:
- Their styling game is on point
- They provide both tuxes and suits
- Never ending color / pattern choices
- Their in-house, last minute alterations are life-savers
- Experienced and knowledgeable about fittings
Now, here are some very basic tips on achieving the groom’s perfect look for any type of wedding.
- Fitting for the overall wedding style – consider your wedding environment and whether or not it is casual or more formal. We all too often default to the standard black tux, but don’t forget about suits too! Suits can look great for a more modern or causal wedding.
- Coordinate with the bride – the groom’s attire should coordinate with the bride. For example, if the bride is wearing an ivory dress, you wouldn’t want the groom in stark white, but rather ivory to stay consistent, right?
- Find the perfect fit – just like buying a ring, you have to look at the color, style and cut while also, being aware of how different body types look in a tux vs. suit.
- Add personality with accessories – allow the groom to add his own personal flare to his attire by wearing special cuff links, colorful socks, a printed pocket square or a stylish watch.
For more wedding planning tips, stay tuned!
Mr. Tux Northwest Arkansas Fayetteville,AR 42 West Joyce Blvd. 479-521-3202 Bentonville, AR 3403 SE J St. 479-657-6974
Here is where I’m partying!