This post is sponsored by FamilyLife NWA, but all opinions are my own. #ad #sponsored #NowYouKnowNWA
If you are anything like me, nothing ever get’s accomplished without a list, especially when it comes to exploring during the summer. I’ll get stuck in the same ole’ routine and before you know it…summer is long gone.
Over the past several years, I’ve created a summer bucket list to get the most adventure out of our summer days. This year is no different! In fact, since our big vacation is planned in the fall, we are making it a point to be tourists in our own northwest corner of Arkansas this summer.
What makes this local summer bucket list so much easier is the fact that our community has a hub at FamilyLife NWA where all things Northwest Arkansas is housed. (Um…what? Are you jealous?) Seriously though, if you want to try a new restaurant or know about the farmers markets…they’ve got you covered. I can’t imagine what fun things I’ve missed out on simply because I didn’t hear about it. Thanks to FamilyLife NWA, now we have a service to keep our NWA community in the know.
Back to the summer bucket list, here are the local adventures we plan to set out on over the next few months.
- Camping // Some of my all-time favorite childhood memories are from camping on the lakes in Arkansas with my family. This area has endless options for camping that are just beautiful. If you are looking to camp too, check out this list HERE.
- Kayaking // I tried kayaking for the first time last summer and really enjoyed it, but I want to do a full float trip in a kayak this year!
- Crystal Bridges Museum // This famous museum in our community brings us the most spectacular art installations and shows you can imagine. Now with the new children’s Amazeum, it draws an even bigger crowd. This summer they are showcasing the work of Dale Chiluly who is a glass sculptor. This is a must-see event! If you want to museum hop the summer, here’s a list just for you.
- Farmers Market // The markets draw me in. If I could choose my favorite Saturday morning activity, it would be breakfast and a stroll through the farmers market. Great culture, produce, art and florals. Plus, who doesn’t love bringing home a fresh bouquet of flowers every weekend? Not to mention, we’ve got a ton of markets around here. Find one near you here.
- Concert // Summer concerts are my jam. With the local Walmart AMP in our neck of the woods, we bring in some of the most famous musicians around the world to preform in our outdoor venue.
- Drive-In Movie // Do you feel like drive-in movies were a thing of the past? Think again! We’ve got one here in NWA! Out of the many years of living here, I’ve yet to catch an outdoor movie here.
- Run a 5K // Let’s be honest, it’s not a real summer if you don’t run at least one 5K…you know, just to say you still CAN. (haha!)
- Berry Picking // We have a berry farm here now! I can’t wait to go and pick some fresh berries from my very own hometown!
- Chunky Dunk // What’s a summer without ice cream, am I right?? This local food truck has the finest milk and cookies you could ever dream of. What I am most excited about is that you can create your own ice cream sandwich made of homemade cookies.
- Find a waterfall // Living in the Ozarks has it’s perks. We are surrounded by some of the most beautiful hiking trails in the state. Over the last few summers, I’ve found some amazing overlooks and waterfalls the area has to offer. I can’t wait to set out this summer in search of my new favorite spot. If you are looking for some great hiking, check out this list of destinations HERE.
Head over to my Instagram page to follow me this summer as I mark off these summer bucket list dreams in our very own Northwest Arkansas! @Candablair