In a perfect world, I would wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and set out each and every morning accomplishing everything I had on my to-do list. Well…yea that doesn’t happen very often. Here’s how it usually goes – wake up, take the pup on a morning walk, rush to get myself ready for the day and run out the door making it to work with just a few minutes to spare. Do you know what the most important thing is that often gets cut from my morning routine? Breakfast! Sometimes I just don’t have time to do breakfast.
Last week I set a goal to ensure that I had breakfast each morning. And even better, a breakfast variety. I get tired of the same ole’ stuff week after week. Do you? So I decided to make mini egg frittatas! These were so easy to make and they kept in the fridge for a quick grab-and-go breakfast. See the recipe below. Oh and these are 21 Day Fix Approved!
Estimated 1 Green & 1 Red container + 1 Blue (if cheese is added) / per 3-4 muffins
1 Bell Pepper
4 Pieces of Turkey Bacon
Optional: Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut up the bell pepper, onion and tomato and toss in a skillet to cook out some of the water. This will ensure that your frittatas are not watery. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook the turkey bacon and cut up into pieces.
- Whisk eggs, bell pepper, onion, tomato and turkey bacon together and pour into muffin pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Optional: Add shredded cheese on top during the last 2-3 minutes
- Let them cool and serve
If you loved this recipe, you might like these too!